Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gold Stars

I try to find little victories to get me through some of the tough days. I giving myself a gold star for each of these accomplishments this week.
- I fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans (without officially working-out, yet.)
- I cleared out my closet of most maternity clothes
- I emailed Dustin with pictures. (this is always a double gold star)
- We took both boys for their well checks, and they are very healthy. Drew is done with his shots until kindergarten!
- I helped to get us to church "on-time" (about 10-15 minutes early cuz Jared helps the boys with the Sacrament.)
- I got out of the house last night, BY MYSELF for about 1/2 hour.
- Drew hasn't had an accident is about 1 week.
- Nathan slept for 7 hours last night.

Drew looks like he's not going to nap today he's been in his room for 1 1/2 hours and isn't even slightly sleepy. ugh. I have to get ready to teach the Young Women how to lead music tonight. When I learned (way back when...) I thought it was boring and useless, too, but here I am advocating what an important and easy skill it is. We'll have a follow-up lesson in a few weeks. If you have any pointers for these girls, I'm open to them!

Here's some pics for the week...
I take pictures of them sitting next to each other almost every week. I hope to enjoy the size comparisons down the road. This is the best one of Nathan in this series, but I think Drew was too into the TV show.

This time the elephant joined us.


Silly boy.
I don't have many pictures with my boys cuz I'm usually the one taking them. So I tried to sneak in one. I better figure out the self-timer one of these days.


Then Drew has to copy Mommy.


Auntie Lauren called the other day from camping in Yosemite. Drew just happened to have the tents out, too! (and tunnels, and sleeping bag, and pillows, and blankets)



This is my goofy puzzle-loving kid. He got a 36-piece puzzle from Aunt Tiffany and he had it done, by himself, within about 15 minutes of having it out to the box the first time. (ok, maybe I helped with the first 3 pieces.) Now when he puts it together, he then takes it apart lining up the pieces, just so, over and over again.

1 comment:

Manu said...

It's great to see the pictures of your little family. I can't believe how big Nathan is getting. Congratulations on all of your "little" acomplishments...it's not always easy being home with your little guys, so anything to brighten your day works! Love to all! Barb