If you've spent anytime around Drew, you know he is quite stubborn and has a diet of about 10 foods outside the fruit group.
Well yesterday I tricked him into eating a Turkey Sandwich!
I told him about when Auntie Kelli was his age, she ate butter and ham sandwiches. I asked him if he would eat a "Kelli butter sandwich" and I placed it in front of him. He started panicking.
me: you like butter, right?
Drew: uh huh
me: you like bread right?
Drew: uh huh
me: well that is a "Kelli butter sandwich." will you try it?
Drew: ok mommy.
He willingly took a bite, by himself, without taking it apart first. SUCCESS!
He didn't see me make it, but I put butter and a thin slice of turkey meat inside a half sandwich. He devoured it, and asked for another one. I put a bit more turkey in it this time and ate that one almost as fast! I couldn't be more excited!
And he ate another half for dinner! That's one more bit of protein in this almost vegetarian diet!
9 years ago

1 comment:
Your little Drew is adorable. I still remember you being pregnant with him. Why do kids have to be so dang picky with things!?! Oh well, we love them just the same! Welcome to the blogging world. It's a fun place!
~Jessica
Post a Comment