Its complicated.
But Friday night was WAY fun.
The BYU sailing club hosted a "Float and Floats"activity. THANK GOODNESS the thunderstorms blew out pretty fast. We had root beer floats and then went out on the boats.
Jared took Drew out on a Hobie 16, with some help of course. I was just planning on hanging out on the shore because I'm not about to take an INFANT on a little catamaran. But someone talked me into going out on the Catalina. Unlike catamarans, this one is a bit bigger and has a small cabin, it's rare that you get wet, and it's not going to flip.
It was such a nice time. Nathan was rocked to sleep quickly, and I wasn't stressing about Drew doing ____ (fill in the blank.) I got to socialize with adults! I was out of the house! And I even remembered my camera!
Here they are coming in, right after the sun went down.

Yep! That's Y mountain! and Provo temple is off to the left.

There was some pretty sky that evening.

We had 5 club boats out on the water. Here's 3 of them, if you look carefully.

4th one. I was on the 5th, but I forgot to ask someone to take a picture of me!

Yes. It was a nice evening out on the boat.

Well, until we came in off the water. The bugs were CRAZY. I have 14 bug bites on just one leg. And I'm not sure if that was before or after the bug spray. Nathan was covered up and spared. Drew got one on his neck. He didn't know to start freaking out about bugs until after I sprayed him and started smacking them all over the inside of the car. oh well.
It was still worth it.

3 comments:
My brother Christian was on Provo lake this time last year and he and his wife hit a SWARM of mosquitos. He counted 40 on one leg. That sounds so painful! We have a blog too. It's kkjjkent.blogspot.com
Nice to catch up with you guys. I may have some questions about where you've been and what you've been doing the past 5 YEARS! Talk to you soon, Kirsten
Beautiful pictures Kristin...thanks. Love to all, Barb
Your blog looks great!! Thanx for sharing it. I look forward to staying more in touch now.
Post a Comment